Apply as an instructor!
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Next call will be launch on January 2019
Follow us on Facebook
QUESTIONS? Click HERE for our FAQs
Are you interested in leading an engaging, hands-on science workshop for high school and undergraduate students in Peru, and grow your professional network of researchers and innovators?
We will cover the costs of travel, accommodation, food, facilities, and materials required!
Clubes de Ciencia Perú (Science Clubs Peru) will hold its second edition from July 30th to August 5th* 2018, in Lima-Peru.
We are calling for graduate students, postdocs, experienced professionals and entrepreneurs in STEM fields to join as instructors for the program.
Clubes de Ciencia Perú was founded by a group of Peruvian researchers around the world. The program seeks to ignite in young Peruvians their passion for science, technology, and innovation, and in the process create an international network of academic collaborations for the benefit of the country’s social and economic development.
A Club de Ciencia (Science Club) is an intensive, project-oriented, one-week workshop, focused on developing technical and cognitive abilities in a wide array of research areas in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). A Science Club runs for five full days (5 - 7 hours) full of activities plus one day for the seminar. These activities can include lectures, conversations, homework, but most importantly hands-on activities (at least 50% of the time). On the sixth day, we will have a seminar in which each club will present their work to the other participants.
The Clubs aim to serve as a platform for young students to experience the world of research: the conception of ideas, design, and execution of experiments, and communication of results. Each Science Club is conducted by an instructor who is a professional researcher affiliated with an international institution, in collaboration with a co-instructor based in Peru.
Spanish fluency is not a requirement and some clubs can be taught in English.
- Be a current graduate student, postdoctoral researcher, or experienced professional in a STEM field, or in entrepreneurship and innovation in STEM.
- International instructors must be based in any country of the Americas or Europe; instructor applications from everywhere else in the world will be considered as well, but with the final selection being subject to budgetary restrictions.
- Spanish fluency is not a requirement.
- Applicants based in Peru will be considered as national instructors.
What will we provide?
- CdeCPeru will cover a round trip flight ticket up to $900 USD. We will pay up to $1200 USD in exceptional cases. We will try to accommodate other trip dates, but we will try to keep costs on the lower side due to restrictions on our budget.
- CdeCPeru will cover transportation costs from the hotel to the host university, and to any other events related to Clubes.
- CdeC Peru will cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner from July 30th to August 5th*.
- CdeC Peru will cover lodging from July 30th to August 5th*.
- CdeC Peru will cover up to $400 USD for materials needed in your Club.
- CdeC Peru will make the arrangements to reserve a classroom/lab in one of our host universities (office materials will be provided)
We are still working on finding ways to make your stay as genuinely unforgettable - in the best possible way! We will keep you updated, but all of the items mentioned above will be covered.
We will receive applications up to March 15th, 2018 (23:59 h GMT-5)
The 2018 session will be held for one week in July 30th to August 5th*. All travel and accommodation expenses for selected instructors will be paid by the program.
We invite you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter and join our LinkedIn group to become part of our network of researchers and innovators. Please help us share this information with your personal and professional contacts who may be interested in participating!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR INSTRUCTORS
FEBRUARY 12th: Open call for international instructors.
MARCH 15th: Close call with the deadline at 23:59 hr (Peru time)
3rd and 4th Week of MARCH: Skype call to talk about Club proposal details (only when CdeCPeru admissions team has an important question)
1st Week of APRIL: Instructor admissions notifications.
APRIL 9th: Last day to confirm participation as instructor (Selected Instructors only).
The Clubes de Ciencia Perú Team
*The dates could change between July 15th to August 15th. The final date will be announced in may.
Here are videos from CdeCPerú2017 and Clubes in other countries to INSPIRE YOU!
Be creative, a future generation of amazing scientists is waiting for you!
QUESTIONS? Clik HERE for our FAQs